Tuesday 19 February 2008

"About Val"

It was great to go doorknocking over the past few days and have people comment that they read about me in the Cairns Post on Saturday (16th Feb).

KB probably choked on his cornflakes when he saw the full page article in the weekender - complete with a photo of me looking glamourous and strong.

A documentary film crew from Iris Pictures came to my home village in Tasmania just before Christmas to film me for a documentary, About Women, which will air on SBS later in the year.

They came back to Cairns for 3 days in early February and will come back again on March 15 when we hope that they will be filming me becoming the new Mayor of the Regional Council.

It's all been very interesting, especially so when they filmed me going around the public bar of the Red Beret Hotel in Redlynch to meet the locals. I even got propositioned!!

No comments: