Friday 4 April 2008

New hair style


The wonderful Stewart - Miss Pensylvania - created this new hairstyle and gave Gavin King, the Cairns Post columnist the chance to have a go at me and trivialise my first week as mayor-elect.
Gavin reckons I look like someone's maiden aunt. What's he got against aunts? My goddaughter, Marlee, thinks Auntie Val's the best since I headed down to Gordonvale High School to have afternoon tea with her grade 8 home economics classmates a couple of hours after the swearing in ceremony on Thursday 3rd April.
I look forward to the day when Gavin takes my election win seriously and reports on what I am doing to advance economic activity in this region. If it's good enough for the Financial Review to give me an extensive interview one might hope that the local newspaper would show some interest.

No comments: