Saturday 22 March 2008

Catching up on sleep etc

Seven hours sleep last night. Bliss.

Now that I have belatedly learnt to post via email, I will be able to do all the stuff that I had planned to do during the campaign; ie, to post something every day so that site visitors didn't find a week-long gap between messages.

After two days with the phone turned off and limited access to emails, I ventured out of seclusion to the Yungaburra markets this morning. The congratulations from various people were tempered by a woman who abruptly asked, "When are we getting new all weather roads in the Northern Beaches?"

She was not at all impressed when I told her that, whilst Kevin Byrne had promised this in 2000 and 2004, I had never actually promised it as I needed to talk with main roads and council staff around priority road works. She didn't want to hear this so I am assuming that she was not one of the majority of residents of the Northern Beaches who voted for me.

The Yungaburra markets are great with all their local products and craft, rivalled only by the Port Douglas markets. Two young women persuaded me to buy a necklace cleverly created from buttons; an innovative idea and a great price at only $20.

I look forward to being able to wear and promote locally designed clothing and jewellery.

No comments: